If you’re like me, you really miss your mayo since switching to a healthy diet. All the jars of mayo at the grocery store (even the “healthy” grocery stores) are filled with soybean oil and sugar, and all the recipes on the internet for homemade mayo are too complicated! Well…. I’m about to put you back into mayo heaven. This recipe takes less than 2 minutes and lasts for weeks in the fridge! I used to call this my 5 minute mayo, but once you’ve made it more than once it’s super fast. Are you ready to fall back in love with mayo? Here we go!
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 3/4 cup extra light olive oil
- Combine all ingredients into a wide mouth mason jar. (The wide mouth jar is important so the blender can fit in it.)
- Once the egg yolk has settled to the bottom of the cup place an immersion blender at the bottom of the jar.
- Holding the blender at the bottom of the jar, pulse the blender until you see the mixture begin to emulsify.
- Once the bottom layer is emulsified begin to move the blender up and down to incorporate the rest of the oil.
- That’s it… you’re done. Put a lid on it and store in your fridge if it lasts that long.
I told you it would be easy! If you don’t have a hand blender, try the recipe out in a regular blender (which I don’t have) and let me know how it works.
What recipes will you be bringing back into your kitchen now that you have a healthy alternative to store bought mayo?
Latest posts by Pamela Bruesehoff (see all)
- 28 Days of Healthy Habits: Week 4 - February 24, 2015
- 6 Ways Fad Diets Can Harm You and How to Spot Them - February 23, 2015
- A Guide To The Mental Benefits Of Running - January 12, 2015