Let me start off by saying that I have a serious love of Fresca… it’s a real problem. Good morning, my name is Pamela and I’m addicted to Fresca…. seriously, don’t even bring it into my house. My husband can attest to my extreme love of that delicious bubbly grapefruit flavored soda… he judges me with his eyes every time I crack open a can of it… which is every couple of minutes until they’re all gone if there are any in my house. lol
Let’s talk about why I love Fresca so much. Something about the bubbles combined with the freshness of pink grapefruit and a bit of sweet is simply an amazing combination. But let’s face it… Fresca isn’t just a little bit of sweet, it uses aspartame which is all kinds of bad for our bodies! So I decided to make my own version of Fresca and let me tell you…. it turned out so incredibly delicious that I now have a new love affair with a new grapefruit soda and we couldn’t be happier together.
Making homemade Fresca is incredibly easy and takes just 3 ingredients. Here’s how I did it:
Homemade Fresca Recipe
- 1 ruby red grapefruit
- 2 tsp grade B maple syrup (get the real stuff, I like this one)
- 1 can sparkling water (make sure to get one without sodium or artificial flavors like this one)
- Use your electric juicer or your hand juicer to squeeze all the juice you can out of that grapefruit.
- Mix 3/8 cup of grapefruit juice and 2 tsp of maple syrup in the bottom of a large glass.
- Top off with 1 can of sparkling water.
Simple right?! You can play around with the amount of maple syrup and add more or less depending on your own taste. I personally also like to juice two grapefruits at a time and have a jar of juice sitting in the fridge so I can make a glass of “soda” any time I like.
This homemade version is so delicious that even my husband is getting on the homemade Fresca bandwagon. If you thought that Fresca was crisp and refreshing, wait until you taste my homemade version! Let me know in the comments below if I’ve converted you!
Do you have a favorite junk food or comfort food recipe that you would like to see cleaned up? Send your request to CleanUpMyRecipe@gymfreefit.com
Latest posts by Pamela Bruesehoff (see all)
- 28 Days of Healthy Habits: Week 4 - February 24, 2015
- 6 Ways Fad Diets Can Harm You and How to Spot Them - February 23, 2015
- A Guide To The Mental Benefits Of Running - January 12, 2015