I call this salad dressing the Magical Salad Dressing, because literally there is nothing that it can’t make taste great. It’s like magic! I’ve used it on salads, to marinate chicken, and even on beans… it was all delicious. You really can’t go wrong with this recipe.
But, the outstanding taste of this dressing isn’t the only thing magical about it. Because of the apple cider vinegar used in this dressing, it can actually help you lose weight. Studies have shown that vinegar helps you to feel fuller and helps regulate insulin if you consume it at the beginning of your meal. The best way to do get some vinegar in before your meal is to have a salad at the beginning of your meal using this dressing.
The original recipe can be found here. and below is how I make it since the original recipe had too much apple cider vinegar for my liking. This dressing is perfect because not only is it superbly delicious, you also likely have all the ingredients you need for it already in your kitchen.
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients into a mason jar and whisk together to blend.
- Sore in the refrigerator (I have no idea how long it can be stored because it doesn’t last very long at my house)
Note: the dressing will begin to get clumpy in the refrigerator. This is normal. Olive oil starts to turn solid in cold temperatures.
Latest posts by Pamela Bruesehoff (see all)
- 28 Days of Healthy Habits: Week 4 - February 24, 2015
- 6 Ways Fad Diets Can Harm You and How to Spot Them - February 23, 2015
- A Guide To The Mental Benefits Of Running - January 12, 2015