It’s confession time again! It seems as if every other post I’m confessing my love of some food or another. Today, I’m confessing my love of mashed potatoes. But seriously, who doesn’t love mashed potatoes?
The deliciousness of mashed potatoes is matched only by their starchiness, and while for holidays I refuse to have anything but the real thing, the reality is that you can’t treat every day like a holiday and still keep your girlish figure. Or can you?
With this recipe, you can treat yourself to that delicious mashed potato taste without getting the mashed potato thighs that usually comes with them. So, go get a couple heads of cauliflower and get cooking! This is an indulgence you can have whenever you like.
Mashed Cauliflower Recipe
- 2 heads Cauliflower
- Butter (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Extras: garlic, chives, bacon, cheese, get creative!
- Cut up cauliflower and place into a steamer pot
- Steam until tender
- Remove from steamer pot and using an immersion blender or food processor, blend until smooth (links are to the kitchen tools I love/have)
- Add in your butter, salt, and pepper to taste.
- You can enjoy your mashed cauliflower with just the butter, or you can add in any extras you like. I like chives!
As a bonus, this recipe can be used a guide for mashing just about any vegetable you wish. Root vegetables work great, and winter is the perfect time to experiment with root vegetables since they’re in season and widely available. This particular recipe would be great with some roasted parsnips mixed in. Get creative and mix and match different varieties of root vegetables.
Have you tried mashed cauliflower before? What’s your favorite way to make it?
Latest posts by Pamela Bruesehoff (see all)
- 28 Days of Healthy Habits: Week 4 - February 24, 2015
- 6 Ways Fad Diets Can Harm You and How to Spot Them - February 23, 2015
- A Guide To The Mental Benefits Of Running - January 12, 2015