Chocolate covered strawberries are simply a must for any traditional Valentines Day, but store bought ones can be a gamble, and spending an entire day in the kitchen making them from scratch is anything but romantic. But, I have an easy chocolate covered strawberries recipe that has just three ingredients and five simple steps. So you can get in and out of the kitchen quickly and get on with the romance.
If you’ve read some of my recipes before, you might be beginning to notice a trend… I’m a huge fan of recipes that are easy to make and use just a couple simple ingredients. So, with Valentines Day approaching, I thought I would share with you a simple recipe for chocolate covered strawberries that will both impress your love and your taste-buds.
A a quick note about this recipe: this recipe is not a low-calorie, low-fat, healthy-for-you-to-eat-every-day recipe. While it does use quality ingredients, it does still have sugar and chocolate. This is one of those recipes that you hold on to for a special occasion. It’s not a recipe that’s meant to fit into your every day diet. Enjoy a little fun every now and again. 🙂
Recipe: Chocolate covered strawberries
- 2 cups chocolate chips (I like these)
- 1.5 tablespoons homemade lard (see note below)
- 1 pound strawberries
- Wash and dry your strawberries
- Melt the chocolate chips either using a double boiler, a bowl over a pot of hot water, or in a microwave
- Add the lard to the melted chocolate and stir until smooth.
- Dip your dried strawberries into the chocolate then place on a parchment lined baking sheet
- Place in the refrigerator until hardened then store in the fridge until ready to eat.
Note: I’m a big fan of traditional foods. If you’re not interested in using the lard, you could also use coconut oil or grass-fed butter instead of the lard. All you’re looking for is a fat to make the chocolate velvety and soft when you bite into it. Plus, the added fat gives the chocolate a luxurious mouth-feel when you taste it.
Photo by: Casey Fleser is licensed under CC BY 2.0
Latest posts by Pamela Bruesehoff (see all)
- 28 Days of Healthy Habits: Week 4 - February 24, 2015
- 6 Ways Fad Diets Can Harm You and How to Spot Them - February 23, 2015
- A Guide To The Mental Benefits Of Running - January 12, 2015
Leave a Reply